HUBBALLI: Several trees were reportedly destroyed when fire broke out at Nruptunga Betta here on Monday. The cause of the fire is said to be a lit cigarette that was disposed on the grass in the field.
Fear gripped among the visitors at the spot when they found the blaze. After around an hour, the fire personnel were reportedly rushed to the spot and doused the fire. Fortunately, no causality or injuries were reported.
According to an eyewitness, the fire broke out in the ground after someone threw a cigarette butt. The incident occurred in the limits of Ashok Nagar police station.